Different jobs require different postures. Ergonomics draws on many disciplines to optimize the interaction between the work environment and the worker.
Physical ergonomics is concerned with human anatomical, anthropometric, physiological, and biomechanical characteristics as they relate to physical activity. Poor ergonomics leads to frustrated and fatigued workers that don’t do their best work. When jobs are designed to match the capabilities of people, it results in better work being produced and a better experience for the person doing it.
Truth be told, the wrong posture can have a major impact on your overall health. The wrong posture day in and day out can cause headaches, neck pain, back pain, and rounded shoulders. Over time, one could even develop a forward head posture.
If you are in a seated position in front of a computer screen most of the day, you are more likely to develop a forward head posture. When the head is stretched out too far from the body it causes strain and pain in the neck, shoulders, and back.
Not only does Forward Head Posture give your back that ugly hunch and crouched-over look it also causes much deeper, serious problems including:
- Constant fatigue and lack of energy
- Pain in your neck, shoulders or upper, lower and middle back
- Permanent damage to your joints, muscles, ligaments, blood vessels & nerves
- Headaches and migraines
- Poor sleep or insomnia
- Impaired athletic performance
- Loss of height by 2 inches
- Affects your hormonal health
- Noisy mouth breathing, snoring & sleep apnea
- Early degeneration of your spine
- Pinched and trapped nerves
- Decreased range of motion
- Blood Flow to the Brain
- Decreased lung capacity by up to 30%
- Harmful affects to vision and hearing
- Jaw pain and sinus issues
- Dizziness, vertigo, and balance issues
- Burdens your digestive system
Often the symptoms of a forward head posture are mistaken for normal neck pain caused by stress or back pain which is treatable with pain killers and some chiropractic adjustments.
There is help out there for adjusting and correcting forward head posture. Visiting Centurion Chiropractor, Dr. Jacques Bezuidenhout can assist you with some simple adjustments and exercises to correct forward head posture not only temporary but by making these changes now, your quality of life can improve.
Centurion Chiropractor looks out for your overall health by adjusting the way you look at life and improve the quality of your life.
Centurion Chiropractor – We do chiropractic better.